Every bride dreams of the moment when her groom sees her for the first time walking down the aisle toward him.
You want him to be absolutely stunned at how beautiful you are and make him feel like he is the luckiest man on earth to be marrying you.
Naturally, brides worry about looking and feeling their best on their wedding day. Here are a few simple tips to make sure you look effortlessly beautiful on your special day.
- Sleep! Planning a wedding can be stressful and stress leads to restless, sleepless nights. Those sleepless nights show up all over your face and skin. As difficult as it is, try your best to get at least seven or eight hours of sleep each night. Getting enough rest will prevent dark circles under the eyes and dull looking skin
- Stay hydrated. With all of the craziness and stress while planning a wedding and in most cases, working a full-time job, it’s easy to get dehydrated. Plus, as the wedding gets closer, there are more and more pre-wedding parties which usually including celebratory cocktails. While there’s nothing wrong with toasting your upcoming nuptials with your family and a few glasses of wine, or enjoying your bachelorette party with your bridesmaids and a bottle of champagne, make sure you get enough H20 as well. Staying hydrated is one of the best ways to keep your skin glowing and young.
- Stay relaxed. Yes, it can be incredibly stressful to plan a wedding, but some brides actually do enjoy the process and manage to stay relaxed. Don’t let the little things send you over the edge. It might seem like a big deal right now that the ribbons on the bouquets don’t match the bridesmaids’ dresses exactly, but in 10 years will it really matter? Take some time for yourself and get a massage or a pedicure. Take some time to read a book or get in a work out. Do something that relaxes you. Remember, stress isn’t pretty. A relaxed bride is a pretty bride.
- Hire a pro. If you can afford it financially, hire a professional makeup artist and hair stylist to come to you the day of your wedding. How wonderfully pampered and relaxed will you feel to have someone doing your hair and makeup on the day of your wedding? It will eliminate the need for you to run all over town for appointments. You can just sit back and enjoy the moment while the beautifying process takes place.
- Waterproof mascara and lip stain are your friends. Happy tears are wonderful, but sometimes the after effects aren’t quite so pretty. Invest in some good waterproof mascara to wear for all your wedding events, plus some lip stain or long wearing lipstick. Since long wearing lipstick can be so drying to the lips, be sure to purchase a nice lip gloss to wear over it for a pretty shine. Your makeup will always look flawless and you won’t need to keep disappearing to the rest room to reapply, missing out on all the fun.
Every bride is sure to be nervous on her wedding day and there is sure to be some stress and tension leading up to the big day. But by following these simple tips, you will certainly be a beautiful, radiant and relaxed bride on the most important day of your life!